The Maine Health Care Association, a trade association that represents 200 corporate, nonprofit, and government-owned providers of long-term care, is holding a conference for professionals working in assisted living facilities.

The daylong Assisted Living Conference is set for April 27 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Auburn.

It is geared toward people serving in an assisted living, independent living and/or residential care facility in Maine.

About 75 percent of those who attend this event serve in an administrative and/or management role (owners, administrators, executive directors, finance directors, department heads, managers, consultants) while the remaining 25 percent serve in a combination of other roles (clinical staff, food service professionals, activity professionals and more).

The agenda focuses on national and local industry trends, regulatory updates, evidence-based practices, and innovative ideas that will help Maine providers fine tune their business practices and ensure the health and well-being of the residents they serve.

More information can be found at mehca.org.