Wednesday, March 12, 2014
• Four people have joined Clark Insurance.
Melissa Trepanier of Westbrook will serve as a business account analyst.
Jeremy Miller of Gray was hired as a personal insurance assistant.
Robert Eastman of Westbrook was named a personal insurance account manager.
Meghan McDonald of Kennebunk was named an employee benefits account manager.
• Dana Baldwin accepted a position as program and communications director at the Maine Philanthropy Center, a regional association of grant-makers working to promote philanthropy and to increase its impact in Maine. Baldwin has been the director of learning and interpretation at the Portland Museum of Art since 1992. Her last day at the museum will be Nov. 27.
• Greg Radziszewski was hired as senior director of information technology at Putney Inc. Radziszewski has more than 20 years of experience in delivering and managing strategic IT solutions. He was previously director of technology for Thomson Reuters in Baar, Switzerland.
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
• Adam Cote, chief executive officer and co-founder of Thermal Energy Storage of Maine, was honored Tuesday at a White House event recognizing 12 local heroes as “Champions of Change.” The event celebrated American veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who are working to advance clean energy and increase climate resilience and preparedness in their communities.
Cote’s company dedicates itself to providing Maine families with affordable home-heating solutions and enhancing Maine’s energy independence through the promotion of electric thermal storage heating systems. Cote lives in Sanford and is currently deployed to Afghanistan with Maine’s 133rd Engineer Battalion.
• Six attorneys from Perkins Thompson P.A. were named in the 2013 New England Super Lawyers and Rising Stars directories.
Listed as Super Lawyers are Philip Hunt for estate planning and probate; J. Gordon Scannell Jr. for real estate; Fred Bopp III for bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights and business litigation; and David McConnell for business litigation, intellectual property and alternative dispute resolution.
Listed as Rising Stars are Dawn Harmon for civil litigation defense, employment and labor, and business litigation; and Sara Moppin for banking, business/corporate and energy and natural resources.
• A number of attorneys from Verrill Dana’s Portland office have been honored by New England Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for excellence in their individual areas of practice.
Eric Altholz, employee benefits/ERISA, health care; Scott Anderson, projects; Charles Bacall, intellectual property, business/corporate; Robert Brooks, employment and labor, employment litigation: defense, workers’ compensation; Juliet Browne, environmental, energy and natural resources, land use/zoning; Anthony Calcagni, real estate; Chris Caseiro, intellectual property; Roger Clement Jr., bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights; Christopher J.W. Coggeshall, real estate; James Cohen, utilities, banking, government relations; Douglas Currier, employment and labor, employment litigation: defense, immigration; Harold Friedman, personal injury defense: products, business litigation, general litigation; Gregory Fryer, securities and corporate finance, business/corporate; David Galgay Jr., real estate, bonds/government finance, banking; Martha Gaythwaite, personal injury defense: products, personal injury defense: general, environmental litigation; John Giffune, construction litigation, construction/surety, general litigation; James Goggin, intellectual property litigation, intellectual property; Mark Googins, business/corporate, banking, utilities; William Harwood, utilities, administrative law, energy and natural resources; Kathleen Gleason Healy, health care; Kurt Klebe, estate planning and probate, nonprofit; Alan MacEwan, mergers and acquisitions, business/corporate; Christopher McLoon, tax, business/corporate; Suzanne Meeker, employee benefits/ERISA; Richard Moon, employment litigation: defense, employment and labor, immigration; Charles Oestreicher, real estate; James Palmer, real estate; Raymond Pelletier, real estate, land use/zoning, international; A. Robert Ruesch, construction litigation, construction/surety, business litigation; Jeffrey Selser, real estate, land use/zoning, environmental; Elizabeth Connellan Smith, workers’ compensation, employment and labor; and Karen Frink Wolf, personal injury defense: medical malpractice, business litigation, alternative dispute resolution.
The following attorneys were recognized as Rising Stars:
(Continued on page 2)