Saturday, May 25, 2013
TO SUBMIT ITEMS
ON THE MOVE runs on Tuesdays and Sundays. Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, The Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com.
ITEMS GENERALLY will run seven to 14 days after they are received. Pictures must be submitted using the jpeg format and sent as attachments.
• Todd Gibson was hired as a retirement plan administration specialist at Norton Financial Services.
Gibson was previously a record keeper and administrator for the Retirement Plan Group in the private client services division of TD Wealth Management.
• Samantha Gifford joined Gifford's as a sales representative focusing on Maine. A recent graduate of Husson University, she is the sixth generation to join the family-owned company.
• Michael Niles joined Albin, Randall & Bennett as a tax director.
Niles is primarily a tax accountant and serves the automotive, manufacturing and construction industries by providing creative tax planning strategies.
• Matthew Libby joined Monaghan Leahy as an associate attorney and will practice primarily in the area of civil litigation and criminal defense.
Libby graduated cum laude from the University of Maine School of Law, where he served as a comment and case note editor on the Maine Law Review and as a teaching assistant in legal-writing, civil procedure, and criminal law.
• Christopher Carland joined Simensky, Engstrom and Associates P.A.
Carland, of Gorham, was formerly an associate for LaPlante & Carland P.A.
• Janani Natarajamurthi joined Bernstein Shur as an associate in the firm's Portland office.
Natarajamurthi, of Portland, joined the firm's business law practice group. Natarajamurthi was previously an associate with Pabian & Russell LLC, in Boston.
• Craig Bossie rejoined Winxnet as an application developer.
Bossie has more than 13 years of experience in software engineering and application development.
• Baron Becker of Harpswell was hired as vice president, financial adviser at Baird in Portland.
Becker served as a vice president and financial adviser for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney since 1999.
He began his career as a principal trader at Murphy & Durieu in 1991 and then moved to Paine Webber, where he was a principal trader and investment executive.
• Douglas Porter was hired as executive director of the Greater Freeport Chamber of Commerce.
Porter has experience as executive director for the York chamber, where he tripled the membership and implemented the Right Direction Campaign.
• Lissa Bittermann was named business development manager for ecomaine.
Bittermann, of South Portland, was previously with Boston's GreenFest.
• Michael McCullum joined Rich Exterior Solutions Inc. as director of sales. McCullum previously served as athletic director of Portland High School.
• Erin Lally joined People's United Bank as vice president and commercial relationship manager.
Lally has been in the industry for seven years as an analyst and an account manager.
• Tom Woods and Eben Perkins were hired at Tilson as consultants.
Woods previously managed Community WISP in Waltham.
Perkins was hired as a senior consultant and project analyst. Perkins previously worked as a project analyst at Energy Market Innovations in Seattle.
• Daniel Bazemore joined Catholic Charities Maine as its chief financial officer.
He has more than 20 years' experience as an executive manager. He was most previously employed by Interim Healthcare.
• Benjamin Dudley joined Moose Ridge Associates.
Dudley is a public affairs professional with 20 years' experience in and around Maine politics and state government. He is a former state legislator, and served as chairman and chief executive officer of the Maine Democratic Party in 2006 and 2007. Most recently, he directed Engage Maine.
• Carla Ramos joined Diversified Business Communications as a conference coordinator.
Ramos was previously employed with Co-Occuring Collaborative Serving Maine.
• Ryan Driscoll joined People's United Bank as vice president and wealth management adviser.
(Continued on page 2)