Tuesday, June 18, 2013
• Rob Coppola was hired as vice president of partnerships and analytics at Shamrock Sports & Entertainment.
Coppola has more than eight years of marketing and research experience performing analysis and valuation for clients such as Adidas and Yale University.
• Maureen Keegan recently joined Curtis Thaxter LLC.
Keegan is a CPA and was previously an associate attorney at the firm of Brann & Isaacson. She is an active member of the Immigration Legal Advocacy Project Pro Bono Panel.
• Cristina Forsyth, president and founder of Bustle & Grow in Cornish, is working as a membership recruiter and sales coordinator for the Biddeford-Saco Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
• Lisa Thomas-Willey and Kaitlin G. Roy joined the Portland law firm Robinson, Kriger & McCallum
Thomas-Willey was hired as an associate in its litigation department. She previously was an insurance adjuster.
Roy was hired as an associate attorney in the workers' compensation department. He previously worked at a small general practice firm.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• DMM Inc. in Scarborough received a 2012 Award for Creative Excellence by the New England Direct Marketing Association.
The firm was recognized for its integrated media campaign created by McCabe Duval + Associates of Portland.
• Geoff Titherington, owner of Bonanza Restaurant in Sanford, was recently awarded the 2012 York County Spirit of Service Award.
Titherington was recognized for his commitment to service and impact in the community. Geoff serves as the board president of literacy volunteers of Greater Sanford, and donates his time to a number of other local organizations.
• The Maine Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association awarded its "Corporate Champion Award" for 2012 to Woodlands Senior Living, a family-owned company that operates specialized memory care facilities in Cape Elizabeth, Rockland, Hallowell, Waterville and Brewer.
Woodlands Senior Living provides care for 160 residents in its residential facilities statewide.
• Valerie Williams of Brown Goldsmiths & Co. Inc. recently earned the designation of Certified Sales Associate of the American Gem Society.
• The IMA Southern Maine Chapter elected the following individuals to serve on its board of directors:
Jim Walker of Gorham, chief financial officer of Walch Education, was elected president.
Mike Richard of Gorham, controller of R.J. Grondin, was named past-president.
Genevieve Straight of Portland, director and manger of Robert Half Int'l, was named secretary.
Chris Cloutier of Gorham, controller of Shaw Brothers Construction, was named treasurer.
Kim Bustamante of Poland, manager of administration and finance of HealthInfoNet, was elected membership vice president.
Tim Madigan of Portland, an accountant for TD Bank, was elected communication vice president.
Jennifer Doten of Scarborough, an accountant for TD Bank, was elected director.