Thursday, December 12, 2013
TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
On the Move runs Tuesdays and Sundays.
Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland, ME 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com.
Items generally will run seven to 14 days after they are received. Pictures must be submitted using the jpeg format and sent as attachments.
• Sharon Ames, Michael Morrissette, Benjamin Ouellette, Kelley Perreault and Cathy Streifel has joined Harriman, an architecture and engineering firm with offices in Auburn, Portland and Manchester, N.H., in the following positions:
Ames, senior architect, has more than 18 years of experience in architecture and historic preservation.
Morrissette, designer in the mechanical engineering studio.
Ouellette, designer in the electrical engineering studio.
Perreault, accountant, was previously an accountant at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston.
Streifel, lead project administrative assistant, has more than 10 years of experience.
• Jenelle Vance has been hired at Landry/French Construction to oversee business development. Vance is a graduate of St. Joseph's College in Standish with a degree in business administration.
• Donna Smith has joined Gnome Landscapes, Design, Masonry and Maintenance as the bookkeeper and human resources contact.
Smith has more than 30 years of experience in accounting and finance.
• Ryan Francis has been hired as an activities supervisor for the Maine Veterans' Home in Scarborough. Francis, of Portland, is a certified therapeutic recreation specialist. He was previously a recreational therapist at Sedgewood Commons in Falmouth.
• Timothy Kearins has been named a partner at Casco Bay EyeCare LLC. Kearins has practiced optometry since 2007. He specializes in pediatric and binocular vision at Casco Bay EyeCare's offices at 10 Q St. in South Portland and 152 Middle St. in Portland.
• Hollie Gowen has been promoted to commercial lines lead underwriter at MMG Insurance Co. in Presque Isle. Gowen began her career with MMG Insurance in 2011 as a commercial lines associate underwriter.
• Runyon Kersteen Ouellette has announced the following promotions in its South Portland office: Chris Albert, Megan Hamilton and Josh Kochis, from staff accountant to in-charge accountant; and Danielle Nichols, from assistant accountant to staff accountant.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
• Allagash International Inc. in South Portland has received the U.S. Small Business Administration's Small Business Exporter of the Year Award.
• The J.D. Power and Associates 2013 Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study has ranked Edward Jones the highest in Employee Advisor Satisfaction among financial investment firms. This is the fifth time J.D. Power has conducted the study since 2007.
• Heather Caston-Talbot of Clark Insurance has been named Insurance Professional of the Year by The Insurance Professionals of Greater Portland. Caston-Talbot, of Westbrook, has served as president of the professional group that advocates for and delivers continuing education in the insurance industry.
• Marc Gup was recently recognized as a Platinum Circle Level Producer at Keller Williams Realty for 2012. Gup, an associate broker with Keller Williams Realty in Portland, was named the No. 1 producing individual agent, of the 252 agents in the company, with sales in 2012 of $12 million.
• Attorney Jay S. Geller, who runs his own law practice in Portland, has been inducted as a fellow of The American College of Bankruptcy. Geller was one of 39 nominees. His practice focuses on complex bankruptcy and commercial litigation, corporate reorganizations, workouts and Chapter 11 bankruptcies.
• Matthew McClenahan, a designer in the architectural studio at Harriman, has earned his professional license to practice architecture. McClenahan is currently working on projects at the University of Maine, University of Maine at Farmington, University of New Hampshire, Southern Maine Community College and Carrabassett Valley Academy.
• Steve Levesque, executive director of the Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority, has been elected to serve on the board of directors for the Maine Manufacturing Extension Partnership. Levesque has more than 32 years of experience in economic and community development, land use planning and business management services.
(Continued on page 2)