Wednesday, December 11, 2013
(Continued from page 1)
TO SUBMIT AN ITEM
On the Move runs Tuesdays and Sundays.
Submit items of interest regarding new employees, promotions and professional honors to: Business Editor, Portland Press Herald, P.O. Box 1460, Portland, ME 04104, or email to business@ pressherald.com.
Items generally will run seven to 14 days after they are received. Pictures must be submitted using the jpeg format and sent as attachments.
• Jill Frame, Marc McDonald and Robert Small joined the board of directors for Day One, based in South Portland. Frame is a school counselor at Yarmouth High School. McDonald is a business intelligence team lead in informatics at Martin's Point Health Care. Small is vice president, commercial lending at TD Bank.
• Bill York, of Mechanical Services and Maine Controls, was elected to the board of directors of the Propeller Club of Portland.
HEALTH CARE AWARDS
• Bridgton Hospital was recently named one of the HealthStrong Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals in the U.S. Bridgton Hospital scored best among critical access hospitals on the iVantage Health Analytics' Hospital Strength Index.
• The following individuals were honored with the Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Foundation's Community Spirit Awards:
Brenda Garrand, president of Garrand; and Laura Peabody, chief legal counsel for Harvard Pilgrim Health Care and chair of the foundation's board of directors.
Also recognized was Karen Voci, executive director of Harvard Pilgrim Foundation; Carter Friend, vice president of Community Impact, United Way of Greater Portland and a Harvard Pilgrim Foundation board member; Elinor Goldberg, former president and chief executive officer of the Maine Children's Alliance and a Harvard Pilgrim Foundation board member.
• Putney Inc. has launched a new veterinarian-focused website that simplifies the process of learning about its growing family of FDA-approved veterinary generic medicines. The new website features Putney's Cefpodoxime Proxetil, the first and only FDA-approved veterinary generic of Simplicef, and includes information about Putney's products. Putney's new website is www.putneyvet.com.