January 27, 2013

Cape Elizabeth home damaged by chimney fire

The fire spreads beyond the chimney and requires equipment and manpower from three communities.

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

CAPE ELIZABETH — The occupants of a home on Fowler Road escaped without injury Sunday night after fire broke out in an area near the fireplace and chimney.

Fire crews from South Portland and Scarborough, along with Cape Elizabeth, responded to the fire at 231 Fowler Road.

Cape Elizabeth Fire Chief Peter Gleeson said the fire damaged the chimney and adjoining walls. Three people were inside when the fire broke out around 6:30 p.m.

The home will need to be repaired before its owner can live there, Gleeson said.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)