Tuesday, December 10, 2013
HARRISON – One woman suffered burns and a log home was destroyed by a fire that broke out around 2:20 p.m. Sunday.
Fire destroyed a log home at 600 Naples Road in Harrison on Sunday afternoon. One person was injured in the blaze.
Photo by George ‘Bud’ Finch
Town Manager George "Bud" Finch said the 1 1/2-story cabin at 600 Naples Road was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
Two people -- Allison Flagg, a friend of the home's owner, Steven Fogg of Harrison, and Fogg's teenage daughter, Linden -- were inside the cabin when the fire started in the kitchen. They escaped, but Flagg suffered burns to her head and was taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Steven Fogg was not home when the fire started.
According to Finch, the state Fire Marshal's Office was notified, but the fire is not considered to be suspicious.
Finch said Fogg is well-known in the Harrison community. He and his daughter were to spend Sunday night with relatives.
Firefighters were about to leave the fire scene when a call for a second fire came in at 4:55 p.m.
Finch said the second fire, at 249 Scribners Mill Road, started near the chimney and was contained to the ceiling area.