January 23, 2013

Home destroyed, man burned in Newfield fire

By Dennis Hoey dhoey@pressherald.com
Staff Writer

NEWFIELD – A homeowner suffered burns after he tried to extinguish a fire that started near his woodstove.

Newfield Fire Chief David Neville said the man, whose name was unavailable, had to be transported to Maine Medical Center in Portland with unknown injuries.

Neville said the fire started in a couch, which had been left too close to the woodstove.

The 1.5-story home at 212 Onamor Drive and an attached garage were destroyed by the fire, which was reported at 5:30 p.m.

Were you interviewed for this story? If so, please fill out our accuracy form

Send question/comment to the editors




Further Discussion

Here at PressHerald.com we value our readers and are committed to growing our community by encouraging you to add to the discussion. To ensure conscientious dialogue we have implemented a strict no-bullying policy. To participate, you must follow our Terms of Use.

Questions about the article? Add them below and we’ll try to answer them or do a follow-up post as soon as we can. Technical problems? Email them to us with an exact description of the problem. Make sure to include:
  • Type of computer or mobile device your are using
  • Exact operating system and browser you are viewing the site on (TIP: You can easily determine your operating system here.)