Sunday, December 8, 2013
• Hamilton T. Gray has graduated from the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps Leader Development and Assessment Course at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Tacoma, Wash. He is the son of Jeffrey and Maureen Gray of North Yarmouth and graduated in 2010 from Greely High School, Cumberland.
• Navy Seaman Allyson A. Scully, daughter of Jennifer Scully of York and John Angel of South Berwick, has completed Navy basic training at Recruit Training Command, Great Lakes, Ill. Scully is a 2012 graduate of Marshwood High School, South Berwick.
• Air Force Airman Julie M. McMullen graduated from basic military training at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, San Antonio, Texas. McMullen is the daughter of Vickie McMullen and granddaughter of Donna Cobb, both of Windham. She is a 2012 graduate of Windham High School.
• Sampson Air Force Base Veterans Association, Southern Maine Squadron, meets at noon Thursday at Dunstan School Restaurant, Route 1, Scarborough. This is an informal get-together of veterans who completed basic training at Sampson AFB, their wives, companions and guests. All veterans are welcome. Contact Larry Hansen at 283-3654 for details.
• "Bringing Worlds Together," 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 21, free conference for veterans, their families and health professionals, held at the Olsen Center at University of Maine Farmington. Workshops include topics ranging from legal issues and reintegrating into the community to traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress. Keynote speakers are Cindy Williams LICSW, CDP from Veterans Integrated Service and Col. Jack Mosher, Chief of Staff of the Maine National Guard. For more information and to register, visit www.tcmhs.org or call Jerry DeWitt at 783-9141, ext. 228. Travel expense scholarships are available through Veterans For Peace. Contact Doug Rawlings at 778-7292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.