Friday, May 24, 2013
The Associated Press
CLEMSON, S.C. - Kenny Kadji scored 12 points, including the go-ahead 3-pointer with 36 seconds left to keep No. 3 Miami perfect in Atlantic Coast Conference play after a 45-43 victory over Clemson on Sunday night.
The Hurricanes (21-3, 12-0) finished with their fewest points of the season, but still pulled out their 13th straight victory on Kadji's wide-open 3.
Clemson (13-12, 5-8) had three chances to answer, but Rod Hall was called for an offensive foul on one trip and after Trey McKinney Jones made a foul shot, Hall missed a layup and K.J. McDaniels failed on a tip.
(4) MICHIGAN 79, PENN STATE 71: Trey Burke scored a season-high 29 points and freshman Glen Robinson III matched a career high with 21 to help the Wolverines (22-4, 9-4 Big Ten) bounce back from an embarrassing loss to No. 8 Michigan State with a win over Penn State at Ann Arbor, Mich.
(9) ARIZONA 68, UTAH 64: Mark Lyons scored 18 points, and freshman Brandon Ashley added 10 in a reserve role to help the Wildcats (21-4, 9-4 Pac-12) beat the Utes (11-14, 3-10) at Salt Lake City.
(20) WISCONSIN 71, (13) OHIO STATE 49: Ben Brust and Jared Berggren each scored 15 points as the host Badgers (18-8, 9-4 Big Ten) routed the Buckeyes (18-7, 8-5).
(12) LOUISVILLE 59, SOUTH FLORIDA 41: Russ Smith scored 15 points and Louisville (21-5, 9-4 Big East) stayed within a game of first place with a lopsided victory at South Florida (10-15, 1-12).
(2) NOTRE DAME 87, MARQUETTE 49: Skylar Diggins scored 23 points and Natalie Achonwa added 17 points and 10 rebounds to lead Notre Dame (24-1, 12-0 Big East) in a rout.
(4) STANFORD 68, (15) UCLA 57: Chiney Ogwumike scored 26 points to help the visiting Cardinal (24-2, 13-1 Pac-12) beat the Bruins (19-6, 10-4) for the 15th straight time.