LEWISTON — Falmouth overcame a horror show of a second period to pull out a 5-4 victory against Lewiston in a Class A boys’ hockey game Wednesday night at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee.

Falmouth (9-1) was sailing with a 3-0 lead before giving up three power-play goals in the second period.

“It was undisciplined penalties and unforced turnovers,” Falmouth Coach Deron Barton said. “When you do that, it allows any team to play with you.”

The tradition-rich Devils aren’t just any team.

“(Lewiston) is a great team,” Barton said. “They’ve got skilled players and they’ve been playing together in youth hockey a long time. You let a team like that back into the game and they’re going to beat you. We were lucky we won it.”

The Yachtsmen took a 1-0 lead less than four minutes into the game off a heads-up play by Chris Camelio, who quickly sent a centering pass in front after beating a defender to a loose puck in the right corner. Brandon Peters put a right-handed shot past goalie Nick Hawk.

Four minutes into the second, Isac Nordstrom made it 2-0 when he poked a rebound between Hawk’s pads after stealing the puck and breaking in alone.

Less than two minutes later, Jack Grade scored from the right point to make it 3-0.

Lewiston (5-3-1) took advantage when Noah Nagem of Falmouth received a 5-minute major penalty less than eight minutes into the period. The Blue Devils scored three power-play goals in the next 31/2 minutes, including a brief segment with a two-man advantage. Griffin Wade sandwiched goals around one by Brandon Croteau to make it 3-3. Dustin Larochelle assisted on all three.

“For our kids to come out and be down three goals and battle the way they did showed a lot of character,” Lewiston Coach Jamie Belleau said. “We still made some mistakes but at this point in the season against that team, we did a lot of good things that we can build off.”

With less than six minutes left in the game, Camelio sent the Yachtsmen back into the lead when he whirled and put in a shot from below the right hash mark after receiving Peters’ centering pass from behind the left side of the goal.

A little more than a minute later, Grade put in a hard shot from the right point on a power play to send Falmouth into a 5-3 lead.

“They decided they wanted to win the hockey game was what happened,” Barton said. “They gave away two periods to that undisciplined play, and the third period they came together and said ‘OK, we’re going to play.’ ”

With 1:50 remaining, Jon Sturgis of Lewiston completed the scoring when he tipped in defenseman Joey Frechette’s rising shot from center point after the Devils pulled Hawk for a sixth skater.