CAPE ELIZABETH — If you boiled down the Cape Elizabeth boys’ lacrosse team’s burgeoning dynasty to two cornerstones, aggressive on-ball defense and balanced scoring would be it.

The Capers used that winning blueprint to collect another regional title Wednesday night.

Playing Falmouth in the Western Class B final for the seventh straight year, the top-seeded Capers got goals from seven players and held the second-seeded Yachtsmen without a goal for the final 26 minutes for a 12-4 victory in front of a huge crowd at Hannaford Field.

Cape Elizabeth (12-2) has won 12 regional championships since lacrosse became a Maine Principals’ Association-sanctioned activity in 1998.

Cape will play for its 10th state title when it takes on Yarmouth (12-3) at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Fitzpatrick Stadium. The Capers have beaten the Clippers in the state final each the last two years.

“Every time winning this gets more exciting,” Cape senior captain Noah Haversat said after lifting the title plaque. “You’re playing in a town that’s built off lacrosse and built off a dynasty, and you have to live up to that.”

Falmouth (10-4) had scored nine second-half goals to come from behind and beat Cape 11-9 in the regular-season finale June 2, ending a seven-game losing skid in the series.

The Yachtsmen found it tougher against a much more hostile defense in the rematch, turning the ball over 28 times and going 0 of 6 on the man advantage while managing just five long-range efforts on Cape goalie Alex Narvaez (nine saves) in the second half.

“They played very aggressively and we didn’t do a great job handling that pressure,” Falmouth Coach Mike Lebel said. “They had a good game plan and they came out and exploited our weaknesses.”

Haversat’s versatility also played a key role after Devin Russell of Falmouth scored his second goal in 55 seconds to make it 4-4 with two minutes left in the half.

That’s when Haversat, who made the transition to defense from midfield before the season, put down his long pole and joined the offense, scoring on an individual move from behind the cage to put Cape up by one at the half.

After helping his team kill off a two-minute penalty, Haversat scored another early in the second half to make it 6-4 as the Capers began to pull away.

“It’s not something you forget how to use,” Haversat said of picking up the short stick again. “Having that in our arsenal was big tonight because (Falmouth) may not have planned for it.”

Ben Shea and Owen Thoreck led the Capers with three goals apiece, and Griffin Thoreck added a goal and two assists.

Russell’s two goals led Falmouth, and Jack Scribner and C.J. Leighton both had a goal and an assist.

Bryce Kuhn of the Yachtsmen, who had penetrated the Capers’ defense to score six goals in the June 2 game, was focused on by the defense throughout and held scoreless.

“Our defense was 100 percent better tonight,” Cape Coach Ben Raymond said. “The defense we’re trying to play is hard work and tonight we were up to the challenge. That made the difference.”