LEWISTON — A fire at a Lewiston apartment building displaced 11 people Saturday.

Firefighters arrived at the multi-family home at 213 Webster St. around 6 a.m. and put out the blaze.

No injuries were reported. The American Red Cross is helping the residents who were displaced.

A first-floor resident told WCSH-TV that the fire started when she accidentally turned on the stove by bumping it with a laundry basket.

A dog was killed in the fire, the Portland TV station reported.

The fire remains under investigation.

Comments are not available on this story.