A Texas man pleaded guilty Thursday to making interstate threats for calling his former girlfriend in Maine and threatening to hunt her down and kill her boyfriend, U.S. Attorney Halsey B. Frank said.

Shae Ryan Estes, 41, previously of McKinney, Texas, pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Bangor. He is facing up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

Estes made two threatening phone calls to his ex-girlfriend in July 2017 that were recorded on her answering machine, according to court records.

“In the calls, the defendant threatened that he would hunt her down, that she was next, that she would suffer, and that if he ever got back to Maine he would kill her current boyfriend, various members of her family, and anyone that gets in my (expletive) way,” Frank said in the release.

Estes will be sentenced after the completion of a pre-sentence investigation report by the U.S. Probation. The case was investigated by the FBI and the Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office.

Dennis Hoey can be contacted at 791-6365 or at:

[email protected]

filed under: