Brunswick firefighters cover windows as fire investigators prepare to go in a house at 42 Arrowhead Drive after a fire broke out in the home Wednesday. Darcie Moore / The Times Record

BRUNSWICK — A fire damaged a home at 42 Arrowhead Drive at around noon Wednesday, leaving the family who lives there temporarily displaced.

The family came home to find their smoke detectors sounding and a haze in their two-story colonial home, Deputy Fire Chief Don Koslosky said. They left the house and called 911.

Koslosky said the fire was extinguished in 15-20 minutes. No one was hurt.

Koslosky said the fire was contained to an upstairs bedroom but the upper floor suffered smoke and heat damage so none of the bedrooms can be used. The home is insured, he said, and the family told him they have a place to stay.

Fire investigators with Brunswick police and fire departments said an extension cord in a bedroom caused the fire, Koslosky said.

According to Brunswick appraiser Angela Bradstreet with the assessing office, current owners Grant Provost and Kelly Czerwinski closed on the home on Nov. 13 for $396,000.

Comments are not available on this story.