Friday, April 25, 2014
• Marianne Bornkessel has joined Portland Models & Talent LLC L3C as a talent agent.
Bornkessel has more than 20 years of experience in child acting and modeling.
Bornkessel is working on sourcing experienced 10- to 14-year-olds for a feature film expected to shoot in Maine in 2014.
Patricia Campbell of Scarborough is the owner and co-director of PMT.
• Baker Newman Noyes, one of the nation’s top accounting and consulting firms, announces new hires at its Portland office.
Benjamin Dawson of Cumberland joined the risk and business advisory practice as an associate consultant.
Shelley Duplisea of Wells joined the audit practice. Duplisea was an intern at Baker Newman Noyes.
Michelle Harvey of South Portland joined the audit practice as a staff member.
Spencer Hathaway, formerly an intern, joined the audit practice as a staff member.
Andrew Hopkins of Waterboro joined the tax practice.
Ling Lin of South Berwick joined the risk and business advisory practice as an associate consultant
Nick Norton of Presque Isle joined the tax practice. Norton was formerly an intern at Baker Newman Noyes.
Sara Potvin of Royal Oak, Mich., joined the audit practice.
Gabrielle Stanton of Manchester, N.H., joined the risk and business advisory practice as an associate consultant.
• Megane Durgin and Wade Behnke have joined St. Germain Collins as environmental health and safety specialists.
Durgin specializes in industrial hygiene monitoring, health and safety program management and training development, job hazard analysis and health and safety compliance. Before joining the firm, she participated in several environmental and health and safety internships around the world.
Behnke has over 10 years of experience in the field, including managing environmental programs for a variety of businesses and manufacturers. Previously, he worked as an environmental engineer at a large shipyard in Maine and as an environmental compliance manager for a national delivery services company.
• Baker Newman Noyes promoted several employees at its Portland office.
CPA Nick Paquette of South Portland was promoted to manager of the audit practice.
CPA James Boissonneault of Saco was promoted to manager in the audit practice.
Kathy Caron of Fort Kent was promoted to senior in the audit practice.
CPA Gisele Couturier was promoted to manager in the audit practice.
CPA Stefan Lange was promoted to senior in the audit practice.
Danny Levesque of Mashpee, Mass., was promoted to senior of the audit practice.
CPA Jane Rankin of Freeport was promoted to senior in the audit practice.
• Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution recently won the 2013 Candlelight Award by the Epilepsy Foundation of New England for its support of the epilepsy community.
• Drummond Woodsum was named to U.S. News/Best Lawyers 2014 Best Law Firms List.
The firm has received Tier 1, 2 and 3 designations in 23 categories, ranging from arbitration and employment law to tax law and trusts and estates in the Portland and Manchester, N.H., offices.
• Jason Favreau, a principal in the tax services group at BerryDunn, was elected to the board of directors of the Maine Real Estate & Development Association.
Favreau, of Westbrook, provides consulting and compliance services to clients in a variety of industries, including real estate development, hospitality and long-term care.
• Melissa Shantey, owner of Aim to Be Well Massage, Holistic Health Coaching and Weight Loss Services, has moved to 57 Portland Road in Kennebunk.