(207) 791-6000 (local)
(800) 894-0031 (in Maine)
Newsroom General Number
Newsroom General Fax
One City Center
To share a news tip, call our News Tip Hotline
The Newsroom: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Executive Editor Cliff Schechtman: email@example.com or
City Editor Dieter Bradbury: firstname.lastname@example.org
For submissions to Close to Home, please email email@example.com.
Examples of such items include community/civic events, School Notes, Military Notes, birth announcements.
Events listings should be sent at least two, preferably three, weeks before they occur.
All business items should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the item is aimed for one of our weekly business features, please type the name of the feature in the subject line. The features are:
On the Move – for promotions, certifications or awards.
Business Calendar – for upcoming events
Open for Business – New business opening, new partnership or new location.
Shoptalk – profile of local business.
Your Business – column written by local business members on issues facing businesses.
Features items should be sent to email@example.com.
Calendar listings should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Events listings should be sent at least two, preferably three, weeks before they occur.
General sports news may be sent to email@example.com.
Cliff Schechtman, Executive editor
(207) 791-6693 firstname.lastname@example.org
Angie Muhs, Executive editor / Interactive
(207) 791-6330 email@example.com
Steve Greenlee, Managing editor
(207) 791-6301 firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Business
Dieter Bradbury, Deputy managing editor / News
(207) 791-6329 email@example.com
Katherine Lee, City editor
(207) 791-6302 firstname.lastname@example.org
, Deputy city editor
(207) 791-6324 email@example.com
, Assistant city editor / Features
(207) 791-6334 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Grant, Sports editor
(207) 791-6480 email@example.com
Karen Beaudoin, Web editor
(207) 791-6296 firstname.lastname@example.org
Amelia Kunhardt, Photo editor
(207) 791-6430 email@example.com
Jack Milton, Systems editor
(207) 791-6430 firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Ericson, Copy desk chief
(207) 791-6321 email@example.com
Greg Kesich, Editor
(207) 791-6481 firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Business
J. Craig Anderson, business
(207) 791-6390 email@example.com
Tom Bell, Portland
(207) 791-6369 firstname.lastname@example.org
Randy Billings, Portland City Hall
(207) 791-6346 email@example.com
Kelley Bouchard, General assignment
(207) 791-6328 firstname.lastname@example.org
Leslie Bridgers, Westbrook, Gorham, Windham
Matt Byrne, Falmouth, Cumberland, Yarmouth, N. Yarmouth and Freeport
North Cairn, environmental issues
Scott Dolan, courts reporter
Noel Gallagher, education, business
(207) 791-6387 email@example.com
Gillian Graham, Biddeford, Saco and Old Orchard Beach
(207) 791-6315 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Hall, Business
David Hench, Cops and general assignment
(207) 791-6327 email@example.com
Dennis Hoey, Nights and general assignment
(207) 791-6365 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Lawlor, Health care, social services
(207) 791-6376 email@example.com
Edward D. Murphy, General assignment
(207) 791-6465 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bill Nemitz, News columnist
(207) 791-6323 email@example.com
Beth Quimby, Weekend reporter
(207) 791-6363 firstname.lastname@example.org
Eric Russell, General assignment
(207) 791-6344 email@example.com
Tux Turkel, Energy and utilities, finance, real estate
(207) 791-6462 firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin Woodard, State and national affairs
(207) 791-6317 email@example.com
MaineToday Media Washington, D.C. Bureau
Kevin Miller, Bureau chief
(207) 317-6256 firstname.lastname@example.org
State House Bureau
Steve Mistler, Reporter
(207) 791-6345 or (207) 370-8732 email@example.com
Tom Chard, Reporter
(207) 791-6419 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Emmert, Reporter
(207) 791-6424 email@example.com
Deirdre Fleming, Outdoors Reporter
(207) 791-6452 firstname.lastname@example.org
Glenn Jordan, Reporter
(207) 791-6425 email@example.com
Mike Lowe, Reporter
(207) 791-6422 firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Solloway, Reporter and Columnist
(207) 791-6412 email@example.com
Kevin Thomas, Reporter
Meredith Goad, Food
(207) 791-6332 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Keyes, Visual & performing arts
(207) 791-6457 email@example.com
Aimsel Ponti, Listings, music
(207) 791-6455 firstname.lastname@example.org
Send calendar listings to email@example.com
Mary Pols, General assignment
(207) 791-6456 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ray Routhier, Music, home improvement and house profiles
(207) 791-6454 email@example.com
Gregory Rec, Chief photographer
John Ewing, Photographer
Shawn Patrick Ouellette, Photographer
John Patriquin, Photographer
News Graphics Artists
(207) 791-6386 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ted Andrick, Newsroom programmer
(207) 791-6306 email@example.com
, Content producer
(207) 791-6310 firstname.lastname@example.org
Chelsea Doyle, Community moderator
(207) 791-6331 email@example.com
, Database editor
(207) 791-6389 firstname.lastname@example.org
, Content producer
(207) 791-6307 email@example.com
Carol Semple, Online copy editor
(207) 791-6371 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jason Singer, Assistant city editor / Online
(207) 791-6437 email@example.com
Peter Vachon, Interactive art director
(207) 791-9409 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick Wakely, Online copy editor
(207) 791-6395 email@example.com
, Site manager
(207) 791-6333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Judy Hill, News clerk
Melanie Creamer, News assistant
Deb Sayer, News assistant
(207) 791-6308 email@example.com
Tips on submitting press releases
Email is the best way to share your news with us. Before you hit send, read these tips to make sure you send the complete information to the right person.
Be specific in your subject line
Our reporters often get hundreds of emails each day, so be sure your subject line is clear. If your subject line looks like spam or something without a tie to Maine, there’s a chance your message may be deleted before it’s ever opened.
Include the four Ws
It seems simple, but it’s surprising how often one of these crucial pieces of information is left out of news releases. Be sure to give the who, what, when and where of your event or accomplishment. If you’re promoting an event, please include the ticket price or state clearly that it’s free.
List contact information
Our reporters work on tight deadlines, which means they may have only a few hours to contact you between when they are assigned a story and when they need to file it. In addition to your email and web address, be sure to include a cell phone or other phone number where you can be reached during the day.
Do not send your news as a Word document or PDF
We prefer that you copy and paste your message into the body of your email. This ensures your information can be quickly and easily read. Word documents and PDFs can often be difficult, and sometimes impossible, to open.
Attach hi-res photos
If you have photos to illustrate your news, be sure to attach them (rather than wait for a reporter to request them). Photos should be JPGs and need to be sized no smaller than 200 dpi.
Include a description of the artist or act
When sending information about an upcoming concert, dance performance, art show or other event, be sure to include a line or two describing the artist or performer. This can be as simple as mentioning the genre of the music or the style of art. A short bio is also helpful.
Send your news in advance
To be included in calendar listings, be sure to send your information at least two weeks in advance of the event. If you can, send it three weeks in advance, as events are entered into our calendar on a first-come, first-served basis.