JEFFERSON — A Maine boy who threw gasoline on a campfire in the town of Jefferson is being treated at a Boston burn center.

Fire Chief Walter Morris says the boy was airlifted to Massachusetts General Hospital after suffering first- and second-degree burns on his chest, back, face and hands.

Morris told WCSH-TV that the 10-year-old victim found a can of gasoline and tossed some of it on the campfire while no one was looking.
He says he’s encouraged that the boy was screaming and crying when firefighters arrived. He says that means his lungs weren’t damaged by the hot gases.


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.