STANDISH — Zac Oja scored three touchdowns in the second half and Bonny Eagle erased a nine-point deficit in the third quarter, rallying for a 54-42 win over Kennebunk in an interclass game Friday night.

Class B Kennebunk (1-2) took a 28-19 lead in the third quarter on Keegan Andrews’ second touchdown pass of the game to Matt Moore.

Oja’s first touchdown put Class A Bonny Eagle (3-0) ahead 35-28 after a 2-point conversion. He rushed for another score to make it 42-28, and returned an interception for a touchdown to ice the victory.

Aidan Walcott and Nick Klein also scored two touchdowns for Bonny Eagle.

BANGOR 37, SCARBOROUGH 36: A fumble by Bangor quarterback Max Clark at the Scarborough 1 on the final play of the game was recovered in the end zone by his brother, wide receiver Landon Clark, as the Rams (3-0) stunned the Red Storm (1-2) in a Class A game at Scarborough.

Bangor led 24-22 after three quarters before Scarborough took the lead for the first time on a Jayden Flaker touchdown. Bangor regained the lead, 31-30, before Flaker scored on a sweep with 1:11 remaining to put the Red Storm ahead, 36-31.


Max Clark threw two touchdown passes in the first quarter to his brother, giving the Rams an early 14-7 lead. Bangor led at the half, 17-16.

MARSHWOOD 48, GORHAM 21: The Hawks scored three touchdowns off turnovers in the third quarter to break open a close Class B South game at Gorham.

Marshwood (2-1), coming off a loss to Class A powerhouse Thornton Academy, led 21-14 at the half after the Rams (1-2) scored a touchdown with 36 seconds left in the second quarter.

MASSABESIC 58, DEERING 14: Collin Scully rushed for two touchdowns and threw for another, and the Mustangs (1-2) scored three defensive touchdowns in a win over the Rams (0-3) in Portland.

Massabesic roared out to a 30-0 lead in the first quarter. Scully opened the scoring with a 19-yard run and threw an 11-yard touchdown pass to Alex Graffam. Sean Wakefield had a 2-yard TD run, and Alex Sherron returned a fumble 27 yards for a touchdown.

Scully added a 12-yard TD run in the second quarter. Caleb Waters and Mike Hendrix each ran back an interception for a touchdown.


Deering’s Dempsey Brady passed for two touchdowns in the fourth quarter – 10 yards to Santino Cavallaro and 9 yards to Remijo Wani.

POLAND 27, BELFAST 13: Quarterback Sam Luce and Jesse Fifield scored on first-quarter runs, and the Knights won their season opener against the Lions (1-2) at Poland.

Luce left because of a knee injury late in the first quarter and didn’t return.

Brady Martin added a touchdown run in the second quarter that gave Poland a 19-6 halftime lead. The Knights were playing for the first time after having their first two games canceled.

Following a scoreless third quarter, each team scored in the fourth.

MT. ARARAT 58, GRAY-NEW GLOUCESTER 32: The Eagles (3-0) raced to a 30-0 lead after one quarter and cruised to a victory over the Patriots (1-2) in an eight-man game at Topsham.


Kaiden Getchell scored on runs of 80 and 3 yards in the opening quarter, and Shea Farrell returned a fumble 38 yards for a TD.

SPRUCE MOUNTAIN 44, YARMOUTH 20: Isaac Parker scored three touchdowns, and the Phoenix (2-1) totaled 36 points in the second half to pull away from the Clippers (1-2) in an eight-man game at Yarmouth.

Parker’s 47-yard run with 10:43 remaining increased the lead to 28-14. Spruce Mountain added a scoring reception by Elie Timlie with 3:04 left, then a 7-yard TD run by Camden Phillips in the final minute.

Spruce Mountain quarterback Keegan Turner had two touchdown passes.

The score was tied 8-8 at halftime, with the Clippers (1-2) cashing in on an early defensive touchdown. Yarmouth scored on a 50-yard pass from Spencer Lebrecque to Michael McGonagle in the second half.

TELSTAR 26, OLD ORCHARD BEACH 6: Brayden Stevens had two touchdown runs and a 2-point conversion in the second half to help the Rebels (3-0) clinch a win over the Seagulls in an eight-man game (2-1) at Old Orchard Beach.

Stevens scored on runs of 10 yards in the third quarter and 60 yards in the fourth. He also forced a fumble later in the fourth quarter that was recovered by Cameron Palmer.

Telstar jumped out to a 6-0 lead in the first quarter when Will Doyle connected with Miles Lilly for a 6-yard touchdown pass.

Gavinn Martin’s 60-yard TD run in the second quarter made it 12-0, but the Seagulls cut the deficit to 12-6 before halftime.

Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or login first for digital access. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.