LOS ANGELES — Former “Saved by the Bell” star Dustin Diamond says his time behind bars on disorderly conduct and concealed-weapon convictions isn’t like “what you see on TV.”

Diamond said in an interview with Extra’s Mario Lopez that jail was “daunting” and “scary,” but he said “you can get in and out unscathed” if you follow the rules.

The 39-year-old Diamond was convicted in Wisconsin last year on charges stemming from a 2014 bar room brawl.

Diamond told Lopez that he was defending his wife with a pocket knife.

Diamond and Lopez starred on the Saturday morning NBC sitcom from 1989 to 1992.

– From news service reports