Thursday, June 20, 2013
Five cruise ships are visiting Portland this week, carrying more than 7,000 passengers in total. The schedule is as follows:
In this June 5, 2012 file photo, the Carnival Glory cruise ship arrives in Portland. Five cruise ships carrying more than 7,000 passengers will visit Portland this week.
John Ewing / Staff Photographer
• Today (Monday), the Celebrity Summit, with 2,038 passengers and 999 crew, visited Portland this morning and left at 3 p.m. for Bar Harbor.
• Tuesday, the Carnival Glory, carrying 2,974 passengers, arrives at 8 a.m. and departs at 6 p.m.
• Thursday, the Independence, a small cruise ship with the American Cruise Line, arrives at 5 p.m., returning to port for the end of her "Maine Coast and Harbors" itinerary. It departs at 9 a.m. on Friday with 98 passengers for another eight-day cruise along the Maine coast. The Independence home ports in Portland.
• Friday: the Yorktown, carrying 138 passengers will make its maiden call to the port, concluding its two-week cruise from Canada to New England.
• Saturday: the Jewel of the Seas, carrying 2,100 passengers and 869 crew, arrives at 7 a.m. and departs at 6 p.m. for Bar Harbor. The ship has a length of 962 feet and weighs 90,090 tons.