A worker from Consolidated Communications installing an internet line Monday afternoon started a fire by drilling into a wall and hitting a live wire at an apartment building at 1342 Main St. in Wilton, Fire Chief Sonny Dunham said. Central Maine Power shut off the electricity and firefighters from several departments quickly put out the fire. The American Red Cross assisted four downstairs residents. Sun Journal photo by Donna M. Perry

 

A fire started Monday afternoon after a worker from Consolidated Communications installing an internet line drilled into a wall and hit a live wire at an apartment building at 1342 Main St. in Wilton, Chief Sonny Dunham said. Subsequently a fire started. CMP was called in to shut off power. Firefighters from several departments responded and quickly put the fire out. The American Red Cross was called into assist four downstairs residents. Sun Journal photo by Donna M. Perry


Only subscribers are eligible to post comments. Please subscribe or to participate in the conversation. Here’s why.

Use the form below to reset your password. When you've submitted your account email, we will send an email with a reset code.

filed under: