Boston Red Sox
Rollover images for captions
- Buchholz placed on disabled list
- Gomes' walkoff homer gives Red Sox doubleheader sweep
Jonny Gomes homers in the ninth as Boston wins its second game of the day against Tampa Bay.
- Davis gets to Red Sox again
Chris Davis homers and drives in three, and the Orioles get nine hits off Jon Lester in a 6-3 win.
- Red Sox end their Baltimore skid
John Lackey settled down after a two-run first while Mike Carp and Jonny Gomes went deep.
- Red Sox 1B Napoli returns to Boston for exam
Boston Manager John Farrell says Mike Napoli is experiencing "some grogginess."
- Orioles stymie Red Sox offense
Ryan Dempster pitches well, but not quite as well as Chris Tillman as Baltimore wins again.
- Orioles outlast Red Sox over 13 innings
A pop fly that lands just short of Daniel Nava brings in Nick Markakis with the winning run.
- Aceves again pitches for Red Sox like he's an ace
Just up from Pawtucket, Alfredo Aceves allows one run in six innings to improve his record to 3-1.
- Sox lose to Texas as bats go quiet
A night after setting offensive records in a 17-5 victory, Boston manages just five hits.
- Sox set records in 17-5 battering of Texas
Boston hits season highs with 19 hits and 17 runs in winning a matchup of division front-runners.
- Tom Caron: A moment can change everything
- Red Sox clobber Yankees, 11-1
Mike Napoli, Daniel Nava and Stephen all homer to send New York to its sixth loss in seven games.
- On Baseball: Red Sox well-positioned to land a top prospect in draft
- Red Sox fall as Lester seeks solution
Jon Lester is winless in his last three starts for Boston, which falls 4-1 to the recovering Yankees.
- Five stolen bases for Ellsbury in win
Jacoby Ellsbury sets a Red Sox record in a 9-2 victory against the Phillies, with the Yankees up next.
- Phils' homers sink Red Sox
Philadelphia hits four home runs to ruin a good start by John Lackey as Boston is beaten, 4-3.
- Pedro Martinez visits Portland
The former Red Sox pitcher shares his expertise with Sea Dogs pitchers.
- Tom Caron: A long way to go, but Sox building good karma
This is one of the toughest stretches of the season for the Red Sox. They just wrapped up four games with the AL Central-leading Indians, and they face the Yankees in the Bronx this weekend.
- Kevin Thomas: So much is going right with Red Sox
- Aceves gets lots of support
Alfredo Aceves pitches well in a spot start, and Boston’s offense strikes early and often on the way to a fourth straight win.
- On Baseball: Sox have plenty of heart, but can they be consistent?
- Red Sox: Ellsbury hits game-winner
With the help of some walks and timely hits, Boston scores four runs in the bottom of the ninth to rally past the Indians.
- Red Sox rally for 4 in 8th to beat Indians
Mike Carp, who snapped a slump Friday, ties it with a double in the eighth as Boston goes on to win, 7-4.
- MLB Roundup: Tito's return happy as Indians rout Sox
- Buchholz saves Red Sox from sweep
Clay Buchholz improves to 7-0 and the Red Sox back him with strong defense against the White Sox.
- Sox lose footing, slip into a two-game slide
Led by pitcher Jose Quintana, Chicago wins 3-1, beating Boston for the second night in a row.
- Lester no longer unbeaten
Chicago uses three two-out rallies to end Boston's five-game winning streak and hand Jon Lester his first defeat.
- Extra entertainment for Sox in this win
The Red Sox endure a three-hour rain delay, but get to enjoy 'The Sandlot' and a 5-1 win.
- Ortiz homers twice in 12-5 Red Sox victory
The Sox slugger drives in six runs, and Daniel Nava also homers to pace Boston past the Twins.
- Red Sox do extra work to put away Twins
Dustin Pedroia singles and his teammates get him around the bases with no hits to win in the 10th.